Manager: Network and Enterprise Projects (6 Month Contract – June 2022)
The Manager: Network & Enterprise Projects is responsible for all projects (viz Network & Enterprise) ensuring that these are well coordinated with all requisite resources availed timely and projects delivered to specifications; on time; on budget and to the internal customer‘s expectations and satisfaction. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, direction, implementation and execution of the projects at hand.
Measures of success includes the delivery of Network & Enterprise projects, on time and within budget. The incumbent is also accountable for accurate reporting and updates.
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which MTN operates. The Group’s Technology function must therefore ensure the successful delivery in context of:
- Rapidly changing ICT environment
- The geographic complexity of MTN’s foot print across Africa and the Middle East
- Management of executive and local shareholder expectations across all 22 OpCos
- Achievement of top quartile operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale and common processes
- Driving growth through business intelligence and standardization to maximize business impact
- Management of customer and supplier expectations
- Enhance MTN position as a leading network and system provider
- Constant dynamics and local challenges in the economic, regulatory and legal environments
The Manager: Network & Enterprise Project Manager will be accountable (in accordance with sound project management principles and guidelines) to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensures the delivery of projects (within the programme) according to project scope while effectively managing resources, time and budget.
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Monitor project plans including project organisation, timelines, contingency plans and resources.
- Manage (when necessary) supplier contracts in terms of agreed service level agreements.
- Monitor and co-ordinate the contributions of multi-disciplinary professional teams from various parts of the MTN business to delivery on Network & Enterprise
- Ensure that project meetings are appropriately facilitated, including all other project related meetings, workshops etc.
- Ensures financial control of projects being managed (e.g. budgets, cash flows, certification of all payment certificates etc.).
- Ensure the facilitation of all liaison matters with all project role-players (e.g. service providers) and internal stakeholders.
- Deliver accurate and timely input into Network & Enterprise project related reporting.
- Ensure the successful tracking of the Network & Enterprise project risks.
- Participate in project management meetings and other committees as directed by the Programme manager.
- Fulfilment of Network & Enterprise project initiatives and outcome targets
- Project budget
- Project reporting
- Delivery of project objectives on time
- Providing input into dashboard reports
- Active support from the Group PMO, SM: Digital & IT PM, SM: Network & Enterprise PM
- Deep understanding of the MTN business strategy
- Understanding of the OpCo technology, business and regulatory context
- Timely decision making and reporting
- Alignment of OpCo and Group strategy initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years tertiary degree
- Relevant Project Management certification (e.g. Prince 2)
- Member of Project Management Institute
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ Project Management experience managing multiple Network or Enterprise-wide projects for a small to medium sized organisation.
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience working in a small to medium organization
- Conceptual Thinker, Problem Solver, Improvement Driver
- Culture and Change Champion, Supportive People Manager, Relationship Manager
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
Regional and international travel
Collaboration (Formal and Informal Relationships)
- Key customers: MTN OpCos, Group technology, Group Strategy and M&A, Group Commercial
- Key suppliers: Key Technology Partners, Relevant Industry Bodies