Product Manager – Managed Networks
2013-02-06 | South Africa | Innovation Centre | Group Enterprise Business Solutions
• Develop global product strategy, portfolio and roadmap/Go-to-market strategy for global managed networks and overall lifecycle management owning a shadow P&L for this family of products
• Manage complete product lifecycle for global networksfrom feasibility assessment and new product development to subsequent product evolution and enhancement
o Define SLAs and customer-specific reporting of this service, both internal (OpCos) and external end customers
o Produce documentation of service: marketing manuals, annexes to contracts (Service Description, Manual of Operations, Pricing, Terms of Service), training documentation and business presentations
o Evaluate and assess solutions to meet clients needs and determine which deployment models best captures the business essence of the client
• Define and update the existing installed base of networks & products across MTN Group as part of a product catalogue
o Develop a method/ process to create a central global pricing repository for internal and commercial use
o Ensure that back to back SLAs are in place as part of the standard product portfolio catalogue
• Define 3 to 5 year strategic global managed network product roadmap to address current requirements that MTN is unable to fulfil
• Address possible future requirements of customers in product roadmap using market insights and research.
o Continously identify key gaps in the infrastructure in order to create a homogeneous global managed network based on market priorities, multinational accounts, across OpCo connectivity and partnership needs
o Prioritize development activity on the network based on insights from corporate tenders across the group. as well as customer & market insights.
• Define the global partner and vendor ecosystem for global managed networks
o Lead a team of global experts and virtual teams around the world that are tasked to identify strategic partners for delivery of new products and services that can be implemented across MTN OpCos for the managed networks portfolio
• Create a sustainable operating model to work with Group Carrier Services and Group Technology in order to collaborate & develop the above roadmap
• Negotiate with cloud services programmes and providers to enhance the cloud product porfolio
• Group enterprise support of the ENTERPRISE strategy and other significant business unit
• Group IT, Group Technology, Group Products and Services
• Multinational Companies and Strategic partnerships.
Vulnerabilities (control span).
• Embargoed countries and US product restrain
• No direct control over OpCo’s marketing approach to ENTERPRISE .
• Limited resources and skills in some operations.
• Rapid growth of the products and services MTN Group.
• Heavy reliance on collaboration and partnerships to deliver ENTERPRISE .
• BSC IT/Computer Engineering
• MBA/Business qualification preferred
• Excellent understanding of Cloud Services
• Understanding of IT managed service market
• Understanding of key verticals
• 10+ years overall IT experience with a good technical background, of which 3+ years in services in a marketing role
• Very good understanding of Network Protocols
• Experience in developing global WAN & Access networks in Africa, with access to a comprehensive network of -country partnerships in Africa
• Strategic thinking
• Commercial acumen and financial competency
• Commercial skills
• Partner management
VIEW MTN SOUTH AFRICA WEBSITE