Sustainable economic value
From MTN Mobile Money and transfers to affordable enterprise development solutions, our efforts in the advancement of people's lives in our operations is clear in the products and services we provide. We are able to help the bridge digital divide and enable communications, socio-economic inclusivity and even to a relatively small extent, address macro social and environmental issues across our markets, while creating new revenue streams for our business. This is how we create sustainable economic value for both our business and stakeholders.
- 9,4 million: the number of MTN Mobile Money Customers have increased by 36% from 2011;
- 25,000: the number of MTN Mobile Money agents;
- 6: the number of countries piloting MTN Cloud Services for business;
- 1,000: the number of fishermen helping MTN and Ericsson test a mobile weather service information system for fishing villages in Lake Victoria, Uganda;
- 160,000: the number of refugees and displaced people using Refugees United, an online family tracing platform, offered in partnership by MTN, Clinton Global Initiative, and Refugees United (UNHCR).